Thursday, November 16, 2006

I'm walkin' (bonus post: the sheer joy of yogurt)

Mark your calendars, proud grandparents, we officially have a walker. Tyler took his first few steps in the airport when we got back from Denver on October 14th. He would walk from here to Santa Monica if he felt my hand on him, but when I took it away, it was as if I was pulling his confidence away as well. However, he persevered and now I'll leave him in a room to go get something, turn around, and there he is, big grin on his face. He still looks a little like he's had one too many on a cruise ship and he takes his fair share of diggers, but at least we haven't experienced any face-crashing, blood-drawing accidents yet (knock on wood). He loves to grab my finger and lead me around the house and the neighborhood. I think we've explored every inch of our home as well as the neighbor's (note to our neighbors: if you see something moving in your bushes or fenced in backyard, do not let out the guard dog or call the police, it's just tiny T exploring your fine greenery or chasing a cat). He's also learned to stand on his tip-toes and open doors, just like the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park (quite a surprise for John who thought he was safe in the bathroom with the door shut - heh, heh. Here he is in his "walkin' pj's," sans one sock.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Now, if I were an artist with a gallery, I'd title this sequence "Exploring Yogurt" and charge $1,000 for it (you can't tell here, but I dug yogurt out of his ears several hours later). Yum.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home