Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Baby adventures


Surrepticiously squirtin' the neighbors with my firetruck in my monkey p.j.'s. Great way to start the day!


Now that we're about to have another little one, I am marveling at what a transformation Tyler has been through in the past two and a half years. He is such a little boy! I'll still go in to check on him at night and I just stare at him, like we did when he was a baby, and think how beautiful he is and what a delight he is (most of the time!). I love the way he holds my hand a little tighter as we approach the door to preschool, but once we're in he drops it and goes running to the closest teacher or toy. And, when I pick him up he comes running to me shouting, "Mommy! Mommy! I got a stamp/flower/gold coin/sticker!" He is so proud of himself and we are as well. At a birthday party for a 5-year-old over the weekend he was the best behaved child in the room, just sitting nicely, eating his pizza and taking in all the chaos as the kindergardeners whined, cried over spilled punch (literally) and were kind of nasty to eachother. I am thoroughly enjoying the pure joy that radiates from him and the intense analysis he gives to practically everything we do from going to the mall to get frozen yogurt or going to the park to swing and climb on the playground equipment. His memory blows me away, too. How can he pull out the name of the guy who gave us frozen yogurt three months ago when it was just said in passing? He's a genius, I tell you! "You always come back, Mommy" is one of his phrases from preschool and it just melts my heart when he says it. Yes, Tyto, I will always come back because I love you more than words can express!


My "Elton John Goes on a Fire Rescue" impersonation


Taxi cab confessions on the Santa Monica Pier. I confess, I ate too much cotton candy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home